How's it going? How is the family doing?
Ibu T came to church again and we taught her right after church. She came with a list of questions that she had written down about the Book of Mormon and things she heard from classes and sacrament meeting. It was so awesome, she seems really prepared! A new member Brother O helped us teach her and it was really neat to see how his experience of just barely learning about the Restoration and everything else and then being baptized was able to help her understand. She wants to be baptized too once she feels that everything is true. We're excited to keep teaching her.
We haven't been able to meet with KW. What happened I think was that we pushed her a little too hard to meet and discuss things that I think she got kind of scared, so now she's avoiding us. We're going to keep trying to just reach out in love and not be too pushy so she can know we just care about her. Hopefully things can work out with her.
The F family didn't come to church again... and they're having financial troubles also. We want to help them, but it's so hard. If they could muster the faith to just come to church, they would have the help they need. The Lord would provide it. I'm sure of it. But it's hard to help them truly understand that. We're still trying, hopefully we can just help them have more faith, little by little, until things just fall into place.
This week we went on splits to Bogor and I went with my old companion, Elder D Boenari. That was great! We proselyted the whole day and found some people to teach. I love getting to go back to Bogor and see all the sights again. Elder Hansen and I went a little bit early so we could get a few cool souvenirs on p-day before we had to work.
This week we really focused on "filling our cupboards". We searched for new people to teach every single day. One thing I've been making the mistake of doing is spending all my time helping one or two people who are progressing well, but sedikit (a little) neglecting finding new people and teaching others. So we are trying to make sure our cupboards stay full so that when people maybe stop progressing there is no problem with just moving on to the other people in our teaching pool. One day we had a feeling to just turn in to this perumahan (housing), and so we did. But literally no one was outside and it quickly turned into a dead end. So we were wondering why but as we turned around to leave again, we talked to this bapak (father/mister) right outside the perumahan. He told us that actually across the street in a neighboring perumahan were a bunch of Christians who we could teach. And then he told us how to get to the first house. So we went in and taught 3 or 4 people who gave us some other names of Christians around there too. It was really cool how the Lord led us to a few new people to teach.
Elder Hansen is great and we're just trying to improve in teaching, talking to more people, and truly relying on the Lord instead of our own strength. It's hard but I feel as though we are getting better, and little by little the Lord is helping us, shaping us into the tools he needs right now in Tangerang. I hope we can help even just a few people come unto Christ and feel His love.
I love you a lot and miss you tons!! Talk to you next week momma :)
![]() |
|

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.