I will take Sister Kozlowski's advice and find me some cashews. There's bound to be some somewhere around here, I just have to search up and down and all around. Who knows, maybe I'll even find a cashew tree somewhere and I can eat them straight from the branches. Haha that reminds me we have this funny running joke in our house about bread-trees. Everyone here thinks we only eat bread in America. They always ask, "can you eat rice? In America, they only eat bread, right?" And it was funny the first time but after members who have been dealing with foreign missionaries for years ask you again and again if all you can eat is bread, you just get sick of it you know? And so now we joke about how in America all we eat is bread. We just go to the bread-farm behind our house and pick a hot steaming loaf straight off the vine. How I miss fresh bread from the vine...
I hope you all have fun in Utah this next week! Enjoy things for me and send my love to Grandma and Grandpa. Hopefully there is loads of snow. If you can, you should put some in a package for me and send it here. I miss it already!
This week we worked even harder than last week. I'm so tired today. Elder Hansen is a good worker, we're just going out and giving ourselves sampai habis (until we run out). We faced more rejection this week than in any other week on my mission I think. But we also found a few people with some potential.
One lady we met who is really awesome is named Ibu R, she went to sekolah theologi (theology school) so she knows a bunch of stuff about the bible. But she's not prideful about it, she is willing to learn and wants to try. She seems very promising, it just comes down to if she keeps reading from the Book of Mormon or not.
We met again with this great guy, Bung M, who is from Ambon and is getting married this weekend! After he gets married, he'll have time to come to church and learn more often, but he has lots of potential and he told us he just wants to know which church Jesus wants him to join and he'll join that one. He's awesome! He said he likes our messages but he just wants to come to our church and see what it's like for himself. I'm so excited for him! He also invited us to his wedding so on Saturday we're going to attend.
This week we met a crazy man, and what were the odds but we actually ran into him twice!! The first time he rode his motorcycle standing up, and he kept calling us to follow him. We didn't know he was crazy at first, just thought he was weird, but then when we went to his house the security guys for his neighborhood told us he was gila (crazy). So we took a different route and ran away from him. And on Sunday after stats (which we finished at like 10:25) we were on our way home and he stops at the same intersection as us and wanted to follow us. So instead of going straight home we took a different route and lost him. So we ended up getting home super late. Fun stuff, fun stuff.
This week we also prayed about where we should search for new people to teach and felt we should try the neighborhood Vila Mutiara. So we went in, parked our bikes and started talking to a bunch of people. We met with one family, Ibu I and her son, Mas R. They are really nice, and it seems they are curious to learn more. In that same neighborhood we also met with this super wealthy super old muslim man, who invited us over and wanted to ask us lots of questions. He was one of the most intelligent Indonesians I've ever met. He had some really good questions like "how do we know which religion is true?" because every religion claims that they are God's true religion. Most people here just say that all religions are the same and it's all just different paths leading to one place. But we know that there is only one path, and it's through Jesus Christ and His restored gospel. I'm really grateful to be a part of His work and to help others come join us on the path. I love being a missionary and hope to never leave :)
I love you momma!!
Elder Paskett
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.