Monday, October 19, 2015

October 19, 2015--Selamat pagi Ibu terkasih (Good morning dear mother)

Hey gorgeous momma dearest of mine,

This week PLD was great! We taught about having effective companionship study, and it didn't go too bad. We sort of ran out of time but we had a cool little role-play where we had some missionaries teach without getting any time for preparation, then we gave them two minutes of preparation and had them try again. The second time was a lot better :) so it's really important to have a little bit of preparation, and if we don't hold planning sessions and companionship study we're not ready to teach God's children. So we gotta do it and not just go through the motions but really learn too. Honestly learning and having to teach about it just made me want to do it a lot better.

Things with Elder Hansen are great :) He's a super hilarious guy with a great testimony. He's a spiritual giant! He's from Amalga, Utah :). We're enjoying things together and we want to push each other to be better, especially at talking to more people and meeting with even more people who hopefully have been prepared to hear the message of the restored gospel. I knew him before because we served in Solo at the same time, but he was in a different ward. 

I love that too about repeatedly being born again and changing our natures. One of the things President Donald talked about at PLD was that very principle. We must "survey large fields, but cultivate small ones". So with the Savior's commandment to "be ye therefore perfect", we take a look at ourself, and then one-by-one, little-by-little, work at it until we become a whole lot better. It's like He gives us 50,000 acres of land, a water buffalo and a hoe, and says get to work and turn it all into rice fields. If we take it all at once we might be afraid or overwhelmed and just give up. (In President Donald's words: "I give up! Just relegate me to the Terrestrial Kingdom"). But what we need to do is separate it into small fields and just do those one at a time. Like for these next few weeks, one "small field" I want to cultivate is to become more sincere in my prayers.

We had an awesome miracle this week with an investigator, Ibu T. Elder Green and I contacted her in the train a few months ago and we didn't get her number but were able to give her a name card. She called us later and was interested in coming to English class. So we invited her every week for the past few months but she was never able to go. Wednesday this week was Muslim New Year and so there was a ward activity on that day. We invited Ibu Tika and she surprised us by coming and bringing a friend! She had a great time and became great friends with the members. We also gave her a Book of Mormon. On Sunday she was able to come to church also, and she just had the greatest time :) She always had members sitting with her and she enjoyed herself so much. She called us later that night and said she had never felt that way at any other church before, and she thought it was a miracle that she had met us in the train back in August. I am so glad she was able to come and we have an appointment with her for Friday to answer the questions she still has about the Book of Mormon :)

I think that's all for this week! I am doing good on shirts and such, I sometimes wear long-sleeved ones to church or meetings because they're still white and clean-looking. Plus we're busy and it's always hard to find time to do laundry so sometimes I'm stuck with a long-sleeved one :) I'm still wearing the same pair of shoes that I started out in, they're holding up strong and I hope they'll endure to the end. I have a goal to only use one pair of shoes for my whole mission ;)

I love you momma,

Elder Paskett


With Elder Green



Pictures from PLD this week. It was super fun and we learned a lot from President Donald.

It was great to see everyone from my mtc group, we had all in attendance except for Elder Lieske.

With Elder Sinaga




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.