(Good afternoon (evening perhaps?) Mother who is very dear)
Tangerang is good. We had conference this week and we were really sad because none of our investigators were able to come... We had been really hoping they could but it just didn't work out. The F family is doing good but the leader at their other church was being rude and wouldn't give them their grade for school, so they had to go try to get it again this week which is why they couldn't come. That was saddening. It was hard too because we couldn't meet with KW this week because she has been busy with school at all the times we could meet with her and over the weekend we're not sure what happened to her... haven't been able to talk to her yet.
Bogor is in my zone so I'll get to go there every once in a while :) Visit my good ol' companion Elder Green again. Elder Green actually moves tomorrow morning so I haven't had a chance to work with Elder Hansen yet but tomorrow I will! Elder Hansen and I have to teach a lesson at PLD (a meeting with all the missionaries from Jawa Barat and President Donald) about 3 days after he gets here. So we'll have fun preparing for that :)
Dada means chest or breast. But it also has another meaning, little kids say it and it means the same as "bye-bye". So you can say you want to order chicken breast or say goodbye with the same word, dada. Cool right? :)
Happy news with the F's, they got the computer fixed and now it's up and running! They are trying to fix the dvd drive now so that they can play discs. I was pretty relieved they got it all fixed up and working :)
I will keep Maddy in my prayers, hopefully there are no long-term problems with running or from the crash.
This week at conference I really loved the first talk from President Uchtdorf about keeping things simple. It really made me want to go back to the basics and refocus. Study the simple, basic doctrines of the gospel and remember the why's. The Why's of why I'm here, why we do missionary work, why we get up every day and do what we do. I feel like at the root of it all is just a love for Jesus Christ. We should do everything we do based on a love for Him and His gospel. If our actions aren't showing our love for Him, then we need to repent. I want to express and remember my love for Him more often, because He first loved me.
Not much more news from here, everything's going good, just keep trying to be an alat dalam tangan Tuhan (a tool in the hands of the Lord).
Love you momma!!
Elder Paskett
| At the Tick-tock escape room. We got locked into the Asylum room and had to escape in under an hour. We made it out with exactly 2 seconds to spare! |
| Indonesia is beautiful!!! |
My companion romping through the jungles of Tangerang #PETUALANG
|
| Keluarga W and the classic Indonesian thumbs-up |
![]() |
| ← ↑ Keluarga S |
| Supposed to say peace... |
| Pak H and Ibu I |

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.