Thursday, April 9, 2015

April 6, 2015--Hi :)

Hi, bestest best mother in the whole stinkin world that there ever was,

I did end up reading your email but it was after I sent my email last week. Yeah, things are going pretty good, and we have been feeling the Spirit. We had to drop a few investigators and we had to give like 4 investigators to the sisters, so we are lacking in them, but it just means we get to do a lot of searching this week!

We will listen to conference this next weekend on Saturday and Sunday! I am super excited! I will keep a special look-out for Elder Holland's talk. The word is there will also be a showing of conference in English at one of the churches so I'm excited for that because I'll definitely get more out of that one :)

Tell everyone good luck with the concert and I wish I could see it.

And that is great news with Matt and Katelyn and Brandon and Jenny and Courtney and Stan! Everything is going to be so different when I get back it's sooo weird. Pretty exciting though too.

Today we played futsal with some of the other Elders over in Jogja which was super fun. I am beginning to improve in my soccer abilities :)

This week we met with a lot of people and taught a lot of them, but the few that we thought might progress we had to pass on to the sisters because there is no man in their home to meet with us too and we aren't allowed to meet with women unless we have a member fellowshipper or their whole family. So we're a little bummed about that but excited to keep searching for people. One cool little miracle I had today was that I prayed to be able to find someone to meet with us while I was traveling to Jogja on the train. So we went to the station and bought our tickets, and I go and sit down to this guy, and just ask him, "oh, is this seat taken?" and he is all, "no, go ahead". And then we start talking and he was really interested! So we exchanged phone numbers and then we started talking a little bit about religion. As it turned out he was headed to Jogja too so we sat by each other on the train and we gave him a book of mormon and told him a little bit about it and he seemed pretty excited to read it. The only problem is he is going to Jakarta for the next week so it will be at least a while before we can meet again. But that was just a little prayer that was answered and it strengthened my testimony that our prayers are always heard, and God gives us what we ask for, when it is right.

Also this week one of the other Elders was really sick for a few days so I took a shift to stay with him during the day. On that same day, the mission couple here, Elder and Sister Lewis, had him go to the hospital and get some blood tests and stuff to make sure he didn't have Dengue or anything like that. Turns out he is deathly afraid of needles so that was pretty funny. He was pretty courageous I think he only passed out for a few minutes haha :) So that was one fun thing that happened.

Let's see... other than that, we just worked hard and tried our best and went on some splits again with the youth in the ward which helps us and them a lot.

Thanks so much, sorry, I am out of time,
Love
Elder Paskett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.