Thursday, April 16, 2015

April 13, 2015--Hey Mom!

My most splendiferous mother,

Things are going well down here in Indonesia. We watched conference this weekend and I was blessed to be able to watch it in English too. It seemed like there was so much about families in this last conference. It was a really good one. I did particularly enjoy Elder Holland's talk about those two brothers and the fall. That was a really great talk. I wish I could watch it again :)

This past week, we got a new Elder in our house! His name is Elder Marianus, and he is from Bogor. For this next month he is in a threesome with Elder Arthur and Elder Sadiyono. It's super cool that Elder Marianus is in the same house as me now because when I was in Bogor I taught him in a mission prep class and also went on splits with him. So that was something pretty exciting from this week.

This upcoming week is PLD, which means we get to have interviews with President Donald and be both inspired and perhaps called to repentance. I'm so excited :)

If I'm being honest, just recently I have been feeling rather lacking in faith. All the people we meet with and are able to find don't seem to progress, and sometimes I wonder if it's worth it? I know it is, because I know that Jesus Christ would not have me sent here if there were not people whose hearts I could help Him touch, whose wounds I could help Him heal. But I just feel a little discouraged is all. Just some negative thinking that I need to root out of me. It's just so hard when I know how much this gospel could bless these people but so many of them don't or aren't willing to see if it's true. I just need to be patient, but man it's hard!

We dropped most of our investigators, so we're working from scratch almost, and we want to try visiting a lot more inactive members because this ward is full of them! So, usually, if you have a ward list, you go through it with the Bishop and mark all the names of the people who aren't active. But in this ward, we marked all the names of the people who ARE active because the majority of the people on the list aren't. Crazy right? Hopefully we can help some of them out :)

I hope you are all doing well and I just want you to know I care about you guys and miss you! Keep strong and make sure to do the important things first. Our covenants with God are always the most important things. :) There is so much power in covenants as we keep them! I'm trying to keep mine.

Love you so much Momma :)

Elder Paskett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.