Thanks for the news about the family. I am glad you are all doing good. It will be exciting when all the remodeling is done. I'm not sure how I feel about it though because it will look all different when I come home :) People here live in a lot smaller houses. They might own their house or rent, just depends. The thing with here is that there is a really big difference between upper-class and lower-class. In Idaho I felt like most people were a middle-class, with some variation of course. But here there are many people who literally live in homes made of trash. There are also many who live in houses that almost rival American ones. But even the nicer houses here are significantly simpler, smaller, and less clean than the ones in America. It's a good example to me to see how people can be so grateful for even a simple place to live.
This week we worked hard! None of our investigators was able to come to church and that was disappointing. But, they made a lot of progress. After English class on Saturday we had a spiritual thought, and for the first time, like 4 people stayed to hear the thought. That was great progress! Afterwards we met with KW and taught about the restoration. Our male member fellowshipper didn't come, so we asked Elder Hymas and Elder Anderson to stay with us and teach her. There was also this Muslim girl, H, who asked if she could learn too. So we had a lesson in this little classroom in the church with 7 of us and it was awesome. Elder Anderson shared his testimony of Joseph Smith. He's still new and his language is very simple. But it was the most powerful part of the lesson. The Spirit was so strong in confirming the truth that Joseph Smith really is a prophet of God. He was called to restore His church on the earth. It was pretty awesome :)
The F family also made some progress. They finally just made the decision: we want to go to church and get baptized. They weren't able to come because Pak F had some work stuff come up and he was forced to go in, and the others didn't feel comfortable going without him. So it was sad, but we are sure that next week they will come :)
This week we also helped a member move, the W family, which was a nice break. We just lifted stuff into this big truck and then helped unload it at their new house. This week was also sacrifice week for the Muslims. So we watched a cow get slaughtered. The blood was everywhere! It was gross. But don't you worry, I got a video so now when I come home y'all can enjoy seeing it too...
We're doing good and just trying to do all the right things. We're not perfect but we're trying to rely on our Savior and I know that things are going to start quickening pretty soon. We have worked really hard, and I know that whenever the Lord's time is right, we will reap. I really feel that the F family and KW will decide to make the choices they need to to come unto Christ, we just have to keep working with them. I love it here in Tangerang! I wouldn't mind staying here until the end of my mission, honestly. It's so great here :) Love you momma!!
Elder Paskett
| Elder Hymas and Elder Anderson looking happy together. |
| Me and Elder Green at a cool lake after helping the W family move. |
| Me and Elder Green |
This is Elder Hymas and Elder Anderson. They live in our house too and they are awesome!!
|
| Elder Anderson and me. |
| Elder Hymas and me. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.