Hey my favorite mom in the whole wide world!
And yes they do forward the mail from Jakarta to the missionaries who are out wherever. But sometimes they wait for missionaries who are coming to Jakarta from another area and ask them to deliver the mail back to their city. Just depends on what's more convenient. I already got that package with the Frisbee and the Jump-ropes and the taco seasoning and more maple flavoring and that was just super amazing :) I jump-roped for exercise this week and it was so fun :) I've never been good at jump rope but I started getting pro this week.
Elder Boenari is flipping awesome :) He is originally from Bekasi, a hot heck of a city that's near to Jakarta. He is not brand-new, but he is three months into the mission. So he is new from being trained. I'm technically the senior companion, that's what president said at least, but we're just both pretty new to the mission still :) It has been weird because I've had to lead a lot of the lessons way more than I led with Elder Sinaga. It was a weird adjustment at first, but not too hard.
There are a whole lot of members here, and a whole stinking lot of inactives. The word is there are 2000 members in all of this stake, and only about 700 of those are active. So we have a ton of inactives to go visit and reactivate.
Landon is pintar banget! (really smart) Tell him to keep up the good work but don't surpass me too much :)
One family I met that is super duper cool is this member family with two kids who are already baptized: W and P. The parents are not active, but those two older kids are. W is like 15 and he is working a ton on reactivating another youth who is his same age, and P is like 9 and super smart. We taught them about patience and read the story of the people of Alma who got put in slavery. They are super cool.
Anyways, that's about it... it still rains every day here and it's just super messy. We bought some rain jackets for when we ride our bikes, and yesterday the street in front of our house flooded because it rained so much. We have some good pictures of it that I'll have to send next week :)
Love you momma
Elder Paskett
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.