Monday, February 2, 2015

February 2, 2015--I'm goin' Solo

Fantastic mother dear of mine,

PLD was just great :) We learned a whole fetching lot about planning and how to do that more effectively, and we learned about having unity in companionships. I needed all that so much, it was such a refresher. And I found out where I was moving. To Solo. :) That's in Jawa Tengah, Mid-Java. Solo is kind of where the church began in Indonesia, and it's a really cool place! (Awesomeness-wise; weather-wise, it's hotter than a dingo chasing a kangaroo). There are already 4 wards in that city, so that means the church is really big there (relatively). I am going to the Banjarsari ward, and I am so excited!! My companion's name is Elder B, he is a native and he started his mission about a month and a half after I got to Indonesia. He just finished his 12-week training I believe. I'm pretty stoked about that! We're gonna rock it up over in Solo!!!! I have almost all my stuff packed except for a few things which are drying. The only problem is I have no idea when I'm leaving or how I need to get there. Everyone says I'll fly there but no one has told me how it will work or when I need to be at the Jakarta airport or even if I'm actually flying. So hopefully it all gets worked out by tonight or tomorrow :) And also I'm pretty sure my suitcase can only be about 20 kilos, and I have no idea how much it weighs right now, so hopefully it'll just be okay.

We usually interview with President every PLD, which means every three months. It's just a check-up interview, not too big of a deal, and it's easier to talk about more stuff and give advice in the interview as opposed to through email. It's just a good way to get a little bit of personalized advice and tell him how you're doing. He gave me some really good insight about my companionship and about how to be an even better companion in the future. And honestly, President Donald is the greatest guy ever. He knows everything I'm pretty sure. I love him :) Did you guys interview the same back when you were in Japan? 

We met with some really cool investigators this week who Elder S will continue to teach with his new companion in Bogor. Their names were Ibu S and Pak S. They have one son who's about two years old. They are currently at a different Christian church, but I guess the dad has been to our church before! He said he has learned about it before when he was a youth. He seemed to already know a fair bit, too, so I believe that probably actually happened. I think they have the potential to progress, too--hopefully they will.

Thanks for that spiritual thought about conversion. I remember before my mission, I always thought of missionaries as different. They were like on this high pedestal because, well, they're missionaries! But I realize now, I'm not a different person than I was before. I'm just a regular old guy from Idaho. It's more clear to me that even missionaries need to become converted. Just because you're a missionary doesn't mean you are yet. There's more to do to become more useful to the Lord :)

I love you momma!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOX
Elder Paskett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.