| Happy Birthday, Elders Paskett and Murphy! |
Dearest darlingest Momsy and Popsicle,
This week has been great! I had a birthday this week and so did one of our beloved ZL's Elder Murphy. So we had a celebration in between our birthdays,on Thursday, at this ayam bakar place owned by Pak J. Pak J has known the missionaries for like 10 years and so the missionaries always eat at his little place and he's super friendly with us and has pictures of missionaries from like 2006. Super cool guy. But we got this special deal with yellow rice and all this other stuff and we ate and celebrated. And I also learned something new about Indonesian culture! Or maybe just Javanese culture I'm not sure. But I guess when it's someone's birthday, the tradition is to throw eggs at them and then pour flour on them. (If you could put them in an oven they'd be a dutch baby!) I was not expecting it at all so I got totally nailed. You can see the picture attached. :)
This week we did a lot of searching for new people and I am learning this area in all of its hilly painfulness. We ride our bikes up the steepest hills, seriously. We have a few new people to teach now, and one of them was kind of a miracle that we found! Elder Boenari and I were proselyting right before we had an appointment with a member, we had been proselyting for an hour or two with no success. There was only about 30 minutes before the appointment, so we considered stopping and resting till the appointment. But after thinking about it for a little, we decided to just try one more contact. We did, and his name was Mas D, and he let us in. His mom and his three little siblings were all there and they all listened to us and invited us back next week. It was a miracle that we finally met with someone that day and also a miracle that they showed signs of having potential, of being progressive :) Hopefully!!
Today we are meeting with Elder and Sister Lewis to eat some lunch and do some family history. They are the family history missionaries, and I hope that can be fun. I guess Sister Lewis actually worked a lot in Meridian, so she knows about where we're from! Isn't that cool? :)
Another cool experience this week was when we met with this lady, Ibu S, who is actually reading the Book of Mormon. I have hardly ever actually had someone who is willing to read from the Book of Mormon. It's really interesting the difference it can make... There's so much power in the Book of Mormon :) I can tell she is feeling the Spirit, and hopefully there's progress with her! I really love the Book of Mormon. I've been studying from it a lot, and it's just so clear in the doctrine and principles that are in it. There's such a spirit in it too. The Book of Mormon is one of our best tools in conversion, is what I'm figuring out.
Love you so much momma :)
Elder Paskett
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.