Monday, January 12, 2015

January 12, 2015--Kabar baik baik saja

Oh my wonderful mother,

Pak and Ibu A are doing well. Ibu Y was too busy to meet. I think she's doing well though too! 

We met some new investigators this week, and met with a lot of old ones. There are many who have potential to progress, we just need to help them have faith to act. I am really stressed right now. I think Elder Sinaga is getting really bored of this area and he is showing it in rather counterproductive ways. I don't know what to do with that. I am praying a lot and trying to serve him. I've never missed you so much yet. This whole thing is just really hard, Mom. I wish I could talk to you.

One really cool experience I had on Sunday. There was a member I sat next to during sacrament and we were chatting before church and I asked him about how he became a member. He said that he became a member 8 years ago, and before that, he just kind of church-hopped from one church to another, seeing what he liked and thought was right. He told me that he always asked every pastor this question: "Is God fair?" Of course, they would always answer "Yes". After that, he'd ask this: "then why does He let people be born without hands or with mental problems? Why does He let there be poor people and rich people?" He said that most pastors would answer that God has a plan for all people, and we don't know that plan, because we're not God. This member said that that answer never cut it for him. He then told me that when he was investigating this church, the missionaries were able to answer his question, and because they answered with the Holy Ghost, he felt the truth of what they said and it stilled his soul. I asked him what they said but he wouldn't tell me because he said it was too hard to put in words. I understand that.

I've been thinking about his question, you know? Why isn't life fair? The scriptures I think of are Ether 12:27 and Alma 7:11-13 in conjunction with one another. God gives us weaknesses because He wants us to be humble, and learn to rely on Him. We're all different people, different experiences will help us learn to rely on Him in the best way. But God is still fair because no matter how hard of a challenge He gives to us, He was still willing to take that hardship upon Himself and feel it and bear it and almost be crushed by it Himself. He would never allow us to go through hardships that He Himself wasn't willing to go through vicariously. Life may not be fair, but what isn't fair can be made just through His atonement.

I pray for you, and hope to be able to endure and enjoy my time here. I am glad you are doing well. 

Sorry there isn't a lot of time,

Love you soooooooo much!!!!!!!!!! Your devoted son,

Elder Paskett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.