This week was a good one.
We moved houses this week which was fun. Our new house is in a much
better location and it's just a better house. Our old house was really
big and warehouse-ey so it was super dusty and hard to clean. This one's
a little smaller and cozy-er. It took us all day to move all our stuff
and then we also had to go buy a bunch of drapes and a new wardrobe and
all kinds of knick-knacks and odds-and-ends that were missing. It was
great prep for future life! We got experience selecting a house and
doing the move. Our new house is on this little bluff and you have a
perfect view of mount Sumbing in the distance. It's the prettiest thing
ever!
This week was pretty standard other than
that, we just went all over the place and met with as many people as we
could. We met with the branch president's family this week. We talked
about the temple and the lesson was really good, everyone was open and
giving feedback. We asked his wife if she would pray about whether or
not she ought to be baptized. We knelt, and she offered the prayer. The
branch president said it was the first time she has prayed in front of
the missionaries. But then, she didn't pray about whether or not she
should be baptized, she just prayed for our safety. It was a very
bittersweet lesson. We felt like she really opened up to us, but she
wouldn't quite pray to God about it yet. I think she already knows to
some extent, just a little bit afraid of the answer. Please pray for her
and their family. We are going to keep working with them.
Ibu
E couldn't come to church this week because her daughter had a choir
activity. But, she wants to come next week and maybe wants to come to
stake conference in two weeks. Her family is doing great and they always
love it when we come over. This week we had a great lesson with them.
We brought some things for the kids to do some coloring. While they were
all busy coloring a picture of John the Baptist baptizing Jesus, we
talked with Ibu E about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, specifically
baptism and the gift of the holy ghost. It was a great discussion. When
the kids were all finished, we talked with them about the picture and
why Jesus was baptized. Then, we invited Ibu E to be baptized. But
right as we were inviting her to follow Christ's example by being
baptized by someone with His authority on the 5th of June,
her kids starting fighting over a box of colored pencils, and it led to
one of the kids in tears, one yelling, and the other one making fun of
the first one for crying. Oh man it was bad timing. She got them calmed
down and we eventually got the crying one laughing and back to being
happy again, but by then the moment was gone. All she really managed to
say was that she didn't feel ready to be baptized, but if she did feel
ready, she would be. So we are going to meet with their family more
often and we hope that it can lead to a family being sealed in the
temple someday. I love their family so much.
We
met a new investigator this week, Ibu Y, I think she has great
potential. Their family is going through some hard times with their work
situation right now, they've taken a big fall. She is also searching
for a church to join. So, we hope that she and her two kids can also
start coming to church.
This week I have been
praying that we can find 3 people who will be baptized before I go home.
We have a mission goal for the year 2016 that every companionship will
baptize 5 people. So far, this area in Magelang has baptized 2. I really
want to be able to find the other three. We are inviting everyone that
we can to follow the Savior and be baptized. I don't know who the three
are just yet, but I will do everything I can to find them. We are
praying for them all the time.
You'll have to
tell me how it goes meeting ----. That's a pretty cool
experience for Landon to have, I wish I got to meet some people from
Indonesia before I went out. That will be a fun experience for you guys
:)
I love you so much momma!! Stay true to who you are and keep being the bestest best momma in the whole wide world!!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXXOOXOXOXOXOX
Elder Paskett
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.