Thursday, July 2, 2015

June 22, 2015--Hi there

Most wondromoust mother of marvelousness,

This week was a week of facing just rejection after rejection. We got rejected so many times it was just not even funny. We hoped to have one light at the end of the week--an investigator who was really excited to go to church! But then his pastor from his church showed up at his house that sunday morning before he left and the pastor told him that if he went to the mormon church he would be kicked out of his old church. So he came to the church building, but just to return his book of mormon. That sucked.

But, in good news, we saw a miracle. We went with the sisters to a referal they received, a member who was sick but had moved into our ward boundaries. We were going to give her a blessing. But then we got there and it turns out that she wasn't a member yet, and she had been investigating the church but then stopped because she got super sick for a while and then moved. And she said she wanted to be closer to God and hoped we could help her. She also said she was interested in being baptized if possible. That was a pretty cool experience.

Also this week, I went on splits with the ZL's which was great, and I played futsal (I'm starting to get pretty good at playing keeper), and it was Elder Marianus's (he's the elder that i taught mission prep back in bogor before he became a missionary) birthday so we ate some cake and had a little party, and I talked to tons of people and searched high and low for Christians. This week was also the beginning of the muslim fasting month, ramadhan, so it's a lot harder to find food during the day. They fast from sunrise until sunset, so most food places aren't open until night time. But mcdeez is always open ;)

Anyways, that about sums it up for this week! I'm hoping for some miracles this next week. I love ya momma :)

ELder Paskett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.