My camera is back in action, happy to report. I just had to format the memory card, the camera is fine. I cannot send my new pictures yet because we are at a trashyish warnet that I do not deem safe. Hopefully next week I can send you some pix.
Going back to Bogor was great :) I met one family whose dad was inactive when I was there. Two of his nine kids were inactive too, but at least all the younger ones were active. But, they just became active again and the son who used to be inactive wants to serve a mission!!! That was one of the most special experiences I've had on my mission to see that family be closer to Christ again :)
It sounds like you guys had fun at jump creek! that is my favorite place... I loved the pictures :)
As for your question about laundry: we have a washing machine, a top loader, capable of a load of 7.0 kg per cycle. It's a high-tech spinning cleaning machine! We just buy detergent from the grocery store. And to dry our clothes we have to hang them up on a hanging rack sort of thing until they're dry. So no dryer.
As for the work in Tangerang, things are progressing nicely :) The other elders have an investigator in our ward that wants to be baptized this coming week and we are all really excited for that because it will be the first convert baptism in this ward for about 5 years and the 2nd for about 12 years. It's hard being a ZL because we just have extra stuff to do and traveling took up a lot of time so our days are always packed with stuff to do and we never have enough time to do all we want to do. But at the same time that is a blessing because the worst is when you have so little to do that you are just struggling to know where to go or what to do with your time. So we are really busy.
Our ward here is the most fantastic ward I have served in and I would venture to say the best ward in Indonesia I love this ward so much. This past week we went on splits with the youth from the ward, and the priests stayed the night at our house and spent a full day learning and proselyting and teaching with us. It was a lot of fun and I went with this youth named Arda who was so awesome :) We just taught like crazy. And one little miracle that we had was that we tried a couple appointments and both failed. So, we decided to just walk around this little quaint neighborhood and try talking to everyone we saw. Nobody was interested. But after walking for what felt like miles, this one guy we talk to says that he knows a Christian and he'll take us to his house. So we get led on this trek across a graveyard and through a small ravine and along some dirt paths and then come to the house of this guy, Pak H. It turns out Pak H had met with missionaries from our church before, about 10 years ago! So we met with him and taught him about the book of mormon again and he was so excited to Learn about it. It was a miracle that we even were able to find him!
And then, another little miracle, Pak H gave us a referral of another christian guy that lived somewhat close to him. and the other guy's name was Pak R. R and his family are katolik, and when we met with them the lesson was super good. We hope that there is potential for them :) It was cool because the one miracle led to the second miracle.
Another cool miracle had to do with some broken bikes! After the splits one of the bikes was super broken, the wheel was all wobbly so we had to fix it the next day before going out. We took it to this shop and waited foreeeeeevver but they just wouldn't tell us what was going on. Finally they told us that it would take till Tuesday to fix it. They also just treated us like dumb white guys who couldn't speak indonesian or anything. We were fed up with that, until I saw a sign across the street for Dominoes pizza. We decided to get over our unrighteous anger by eating some nice american pizza :) And as we were sitting in the Dominoes, this guy with a bunch of tattoos comes up to us and just starts talking to us. It turns out he is an investigator in the other ward but with the new change in missionaries it had already been a few weeks since he had been visited and he was worried they forgot about him but really wanted to meet with the missionaries again. So, we were able to contact the other missionaries and direct them to visit him. Pretty cool little miracle which just goes to show that if you are ever in a third world country and have a hankering for some old fashioned american style grub, listen to your stomach because you may also be listening to the spirit :)
Anyways that's about it for this week I love you so much momma!!
Elder Paskett
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.