These are the answers to your various inquiries:
Pak H hasn't been able to meet again. So, hopefully this next week! We've tried calling him and going to his house too many times already. I was really bummed about that.
English class is well... I think it's more normal for kids to be at the english classes, but for whatever reason all these guys really like our english class so we just have a bunch of college-age guys there. Most of them are Muslim but we had a conversation with one about the plan of salvation and that was pretty cool :) Yeah, it is helpful. If you know english in Indonesia, you are pretty much guaranteed a nice job and income. It's a very valuable skill.
The Wolf-pack is getting buff and master teacher status gets closer and closer every day (by small degrees) :).
This week was good. We got 20 lessons this week which is super good! We're hoping to increase that this next week :)
So probably my best lesson ever was given this week. No thanks to me but thanks to the Spirit. Elder Boenari and I had an appointment at this investigators house, Pak E, for 3:00 and when we got there he was sleeping. His wife was there but didn't want to wake him up so we said we'd lanjut and then come back later. The only problem is that his house is up these two massive hills. But we just thought oh well we'll come back later if we have time but probably not. So we go back and teach our other scheduled things and then there's some time where we could just proselyte or we could try him again. But, his house is so far away, and what if he's not there or still sleeping, and it looks like it's about time to rain, and there's these massive hills over there... But we just decide to try anyways. And when we get there he's sitting on his porch and the first thing he says is "Wow, I'm so glad you guys came! It was starting to rain a little bit and I was just worried you weren't going to come today. I felt so bad because I took a nap and was still asleep when you came by but I really wanted to meet! I've just been waiting for you guys on the porch for hours hoping you would still come. I'm so glad you came." And we're like, "Well, we're glad we came too!". And then in the lesson, we start, and Pak E starts talking about some of the challenges he's been having. We talked about why God lets us go through challenges. We read from 2 Nephi 2 where it talks about opposition in all things and Adam and Eve but about how we were meant to have joy. And then, we started to talk about covenants. How when we make covenants to obey God, he promises to bless us. With happiness, with enough money to survive, with what we need. One of those covenants we can make is baptism. And then we read Alma 7:13-15 together, and we added in Pak E's name as we read. You have to try reading those verses. The Spirit was so strong, mom. I could feel this huge power behind the words as we read them. And then we asked Pak E to exercise his faith by making a covenant with God, namely, baptism. And I could see in his eyes as he struggled with the choice, with what to say. And then he said, "I can't agree on a date yet, but I want to be baptized." It was such a bittersweet. He agreed to come to church. But he didn't come--apparently there was an urgent need and on Saturday he had to travel to Jogja. We'll see him again this week though :)
Anyways, love you so much, thanks for your prayers and thoughts and love on my behalf, know that I've got all those things for you too :)
Your Son
Elder Paskett
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.