Thursday, September 4, 2014

September 4, 2014--Minggu Ketiga (Third Week)

Dearest marvelous Madre whom I love so very dearly and pray for so very often,

I'm so glad to hear that Landon's hearing is totally better! I have been sending many many prayers over to him, not gonna lie. Like I actually was really worried. Haha but I'm so glad he's okay!

We got released as Zone Leaders this Sunday. Elder Chou was a little disappointed but I was actually rather glad. On Sunday after we got released we also sang a musical number. We had this SATB version of Come Thou Fount that we changed a little for three voices and sang it. Today we tried out (me, Elder Getter and Elder Chou) with our Come Thou Fount to do a musical number on a Sunday devotional with the whole MTC (or some other big meeting where they need a musical number). They said if we make it they'll send us a letter in the mail for when our sound check is. I hope we make it!! It's a really pretty arrangement.

This week, we learned more Indonesian, taught our investigators a lot and also pretended to be investigators and got taught. We talked a ton about goal-setting. I've been trying to set daily goals for language and service and studying. That way we can measure our progress on the mission. We learned about this girl named Florence Chadwick who was a super duper fast swimmer. She wanted to swim from some island over to California. It was 26 miles. On the day of the attempt, it was extremely foggy, cold, and sharks had to be scared away by rifle shot. She had a support boat next to her as she made the attempt. She swam for 16 hours, and then decided to stop and get in the boat. When the boat got to the shore, they realized that she had only been a half mile from finishing. That's crazy! She told reporters, "This isn't an excuse, but if I could have seen the shore, if the fog wasn't there, I would have made it."

On her second attempt, on a clear day, she beat the men's record by two hours. On our missions, or in life, as we attempt to swim, Satan is going to send fog to try and keep us from seeing the shore. Homesickness, regular sickness, and a lack of success are some of the forms which the fog takes. Goals are a way that we can measure our progress. Even though we can't see the end, if we make small goals every day, it will help us reach the end of our mission having made maximum progress spiritually. It was a really really neat lesson. Hope you all are doing well and I appreciated your letters this week!

Sampai nanti,
Elder Paskett

minggu = week
ketiga = the third
 The Indonesian District

 Elders Paskett, Chou, Getter, (and Arthur with the epic bomb)

 Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders? (I'm guessing here...)

 The Elders Paskett!!! Taylors/Cousins at the MTC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.