It sounds like your week was pretty good. Your Sunday sounds pretty hectic, I hope you had a good time though :) It's cool how you taught about missionary work and reactivation. One of the things we are often trained on is becoming a "full-purpose missionary" who does all 5 of these things: Finds, Teaches, Baptizes/Confirms, Retains, and Reactivates. So that's true that those are very related.
This week was awesome! On Sunday, Ibu S was baptized :) She is doing just great. The first time Elder Vandyarto put her under, her hand came up so he had to do it again a second time. We were worried about the cold water but it didn't seem to be too much of a problem, and the members were very great with helping her to get into the pool and get back out and get changed afterwards. She is very old, and we're hoping she can be a help to this branch with the time she has left. She will be confirmed on Sunday next week.
Brother O was not quite ready for baptism yet. It's rather complicated but basically he had some work issues that came up and his baptism is postponed indefinitely. He still loves to meet with us and always reads his homework and comes to church every week, we just can't quite get him dunked. I think he'll come around, and I hope he can be ready, it's just going to take some time perhaps.
This week Elder Vandyarto was sick again with a toothache so we stayed home a whole day (which made me stir-crazy again--but the house got squeaky clean!) and on Sunday he was sick again so after church and the baptism, we stayed to rest and he slept at the church while I tried to keep myself entertained. Eventually we got saved by the Jeffery's (the mission couple here) who invited us over to their place and tucked Elder Vandyarto in and cooked us some curry.
One great new investigator we found this week is named Pak S. He was so cool! He has a family, he's catholic (but was protestant before he got married so he has actually read the bible unlike most catholics... I don't mean to stereotype, I'm sure that catholics who read the bible do exist, just most catholics that we ask about it say that since they're catholic they don't read the bible much) and he's really friendly. He understood the Restoration and he showered us with great questions. He really wants to meet again and read from the Book of Mormon. It's always nice to meet new people who apply themselves to understanding and who seem to want to learn. It's pretty hard to find sometimes.
This coming week we will have PLD and interviews with President Donald. I am really sad because this might be my very last interview with President Donald before he finishes his mission. He has been such a great mission president, I owe him so much for the lessons he's been trying to teach me. I love that man. I know that God often puts leaders in our paths who can teach us special things that we need, but we have to be humble and willing to hear them. I love you so much momma and can't wait to talk to you again next week!! I love you :)
Love to infinity and beyond,
Elder Paskett
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.