Dearest most darlingest most wonderfulest loveliest mother,
I didn't notice that it was spring just yet, we haven't felt much of a change in seasons yet. It has been really really rainy this week. There were a few days where it just poured down for hours. Usually we just ride through the rain but there were a few days where we had to take shelter and wait a little while before we could go anywhere. That was fun!
You mentioned that you thought you raised me better than to like McDonald's ;) In America that stuff is really unhealthy and fattening right? Well here it's fine dining. It's an expensive restaurant here, and I'm pretty sure it's actually a lot healthier than most of the other stuff we eat. Paradigm shift!
This week was a good one! We celebrated Elder Eyre's birthday on the 19th by showering him with eggs! (That's the javanese birthday tradition--you throw eggs and flour at the person whose birthday it is). On the 22nd is Elder Vandyartos birthday! So he and Landon have the same birthday, isn't that cool?
Our investigator, Pak O, who wanted to but couldn't be baptized back in January, has made some changes in his life and is now just about ready for baptism. We think he will be ready by this Sunday or the next. He has made a lot of changes and gone through a real repentance process. It is pretty cool to see. I hope he can become a good influence in this branch.
Our other investigator who is doing really good right now is Mbak W and her husband, Mas F. They are a young couple with one daughter, K (who is 3 years old). Mas F is Sister Y's son. (Sister Y is the one who got baptized back in January). We finally had a lesson where Mas F followed the whole thing, and he even prayed at the end of the lesson! They are doing well and just need some time to understand everything well. Their financial situation is tough so they have had a hard time coming to church the last two weeks, but we always pray that they can come. I think they will get baptized in the next month or so.
One tradition that we have in our district right now is that every morning we wake up and have a little devotional. We pray together, someone reads a verse from the scriptures, and then we sing a hymn. It's been helping us all to get up on time. I think it's fun to have little traditions like that. Our district is working together really well. It's the nicest thing to be in a city where all the missionaries want to be obedient. We all have problems with doing all the right things all the time, but it makes such a difference when at least we are trying. I appreciate these Elders because we can all trust each other to be doing the right things.
On Saturday evening, Elder Van and I were going to an investigator's house and Elder Vandyarto got hit by a motorcycle. Elder Van's front tire got totally destroyed, and he escaped with only minor injuries to his foot and hand. The other guy was okay, just got a little scraped up. It was pretty scary to cross the street and then look back and just see my companion laying on the ground and this 16-year-old kid who'd fallen off his motorcycle a few meters away. The kid was okay too, just a little scraped up on his foot and hip. That night Elder Van didn't hurt too much but on Sunday morning he was hurting too bad to ride his bike or walk, so we ended up staying home all day so he could rest and ice his foot and his wrist. We didn't even make it to church. So all day Sunday I just cleaned a bit and wrote a plan for my life and read from the Book of Mormon.
With this being towards the latter-end of my mission, I have made some goals to finish strong. One goal I have is to write in my journal every day! Thanks for the reminders you've given me momma, and I want you to know I am writing every single day! I also just finished passing off all the discussions to become a Master Teacher in President Donald's Master Teacher Club. So I am now, finally, an official "Master Teacher".
I love you so much mom and I know that the Savior lives and He is so aware of you and us as a family. He has such great plans for you and Dad and me and Landon and Maddy and Grayson and Jarom and I pray for all of you guys every day. I am enjoying myself here, and I hope you all continue to enjoy yourselves there!!
love,
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.