Hey There Again
Selamat siang Ibu terkasihku (good day my beloved mother),
This week was fun, I
don't have much to write because I wasn't in Magelang the whole week. We
just went to Singapore for a few days, went on exchanges with the
elders there and went to their zone conference. The Elders there live in
a super nice apartment on the 17th
story. It's so nice. It was a lot of fun and Singapore was soo nice! It
is the cleanest, safest city ever. Contacting people was fun because
you never know what languages they speak. Almost everyone speaks english
to one degree or another but there's tons who speak malay and chinese
and prettymuch every other southeastern-asian-language there is. The showers
were warm and the food was good and we got to teach in english. There
was an elder there from malaysia and I talked with him in indonesian and
we could totally understand each other which was cool. There were only a
few words that were weird and different.
Highlight
from the week was watching the new missionary training video from the
12 which was all about Teaching Repentance and Baptizing Converts. A lot
of inspired counsel about how to be better in our work. We watched that
in Singapore with all the missionaries there. One cool thing was that I
met Elder David Chin in Singapore! It was so cool to see him there and
talk for a bit :)
We got to Singapore on Wednesday and flew back on Friday night. Right now I'm still in Jakarta, and probably won't get back to Magelang until Wednesday or Thursday depending on the immigration office here in Jakarta. hopefully I'll get back on Wednesday
and can meet my son again :) Ibu Y got baptized with no problems,
but Pak O wasn't quite ready yet. Sorry I'm out of time but I love you
so much mom!! I know that the Savior lives and loves you guys so much!
Prayers are always being sent your way
Love,
Elder Paskett
Mon., 3:51 PM (Jakarta)/Mon., 1:51 AM (Idaho):
Kabar Terkini (latest news)
My beautifullest wonderful mother,
We just got a
phone call and it turns out there've been some problems with visas or
something here in Indonesia. So, we're headed back to Singapore!!!
Woohoo, travelling!! We probably won't get back to Indonesia until
Thursdayish, and then I'll get back to Magelang sometime the next week.
Anyways, just wanted to let you know since it's still P day and I can
send you an email. I also just wanted to express my undying devotion and
love. You are the greatest mother anyone could ever hope for!!!
Love
you tons,
Elder Paskett
Recent Photos:
These are pictures of me and Elder Vandyarto at Borobudur! Cool right?
This is me riding my dream motorcycle, a kawasaki ninja. I asked if I could sit on it and the lady said yes, so Elder Vandyarto took a picture.
Me and Elder Vandyarto at the bottom of mount merapi.
Halfway through the hike up mount merapi. We went there today (1/18/16/) for our pday
Pictures of us climbing gunung merapi last week (1/18/16). I didn't send these already right?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.