Tuesday, December 29, 2015

December 28, 2015--Moving... no....

To my most gorgeousest wonderfulest bestest mother ever,

I don't want to transfer... I just started packing this morning but with no enthusiasm. I have nothing against Magelang, I've only heard really good things about it! I'm really excited to go there and train and meet my son, but I really love this ward and don't wanna leave it. Church was so sad when I had to leave everyone. I don't know why I just love this ward so much. I hope I'll feel as accepted in Magelang. I'll be in a house with 4 elders there, Elder Eyre and his son (who is from Bogor--I knew him when I served there) and Me and my son (from Bekasi).

It was fun to see all you guys too!! It's fun being in Jakarta because you're close to all the other missionaries, but in Magelang I think it will be kind of isolated. The mission office forgot to buy my plane ticket so apparently they're working on it right now. I have a secret hope that they just don't buy me one and I get to stay here in Tangerang ;)

I stand all amazed huh? That's a great song. I can't wait to sing a cappella with all y'all later :)

This week was good, we partied it up at the mission home on Christmas and ate lots of American food cooked by our marvelous mission couples. I was very content :) I imagined snow as much as I could! Actually later today we are going to go ice skating and so it will be like having a white Christmas. We still haven't used our money so we're taking it to Carl's Jr and we're gonna eat lots of it :)

This week we had 6 investigators come to sacrament meeting! It was so cool. It was a great last week. I have almost never had any investigators come to church in this ward, it's been really hard to get them there for whatever reason. But between us and the other Elders there were 6 who came! I was so happy :) I will never forget this ward and everyone in it! One of the coolest parts was when this one friend of ours came, Ibu H. Her younger sister, F, is a new member who just moved here from Solo. Ibu H is catholic. We have visited Ibu H and her daughters A and S a few times when we visit F to teach her the lessons again. And she is super nice! She brought me grilled cheese... I almost cried it was the nicest thing ever.

Anyways, that's about it for this week. I love you momma, stay strong and I will tell you all about Magelang next week! Bye!
Elder Paskett


After my last church meeting in Tangerang (from left) Elder Hansen, Ibu H, me, A, S, and Sister F. (Ibu H is the one who gave me grilled cheese sandwiches and pisang goreng)


Me with Brother D (once as a regular member, once as a ninja!) 


Elder Hansen with a Wendy's frosty 

Pak H and Ibu I, two nice investigators 
Pak H
Me eating Grilled Cheese sandwiches!!!! :D 
This really nice friend of ours named Ibu H gave these boxes to us. One's filled with pisang goreng and the other one is grilled cheese sandwiches. She is the older sister of a new member who just moved to Tangerang (Sister F namanya), and we've visited her a few times. We are really good friends with her and her two little daughters S and A. When they found out I was moving she searched my mormon.org profile and from there knew that my favorite food was grilled cheese sandwiches. So then she cooked a bunch and took them to church on Sunday. It was sooooo nice I almost cried, serious. I've never been so sad to leave a ward behind before.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.