Monday, August 17, 2015

August 17, 2015--One-year anniversary!!

Dear beloved mother of mine :)

How did you know how to say berketerampilan tinggi? I didn't learn that till I was in Indonesia for like 9 months already! haha :)

So this week, since it was our one-year mark, we had to go back to Senopati in Jakarta and renew our government documents (called a Kitas). So I got to meet with all of the Elders from my mtc group and we had a sleepover at the AP's house and after we renewed our kitas we went to Carl's Jr. They had this buy 1 get 1 free burger deal, so I got two burgers and I felt so sick it was so wonderful :) I haven't been to Carl's Jr in something over a year so it was a bit of heaven. Also I got into my suitcase that I have stored in Senopati, and I just remembered how much I love past Elder Paskett. Past Elder Paskett kept around 5 pairs of extra garments in there, which present Elder Paskett didn't remember about, but which when present Elder Paskett found out about, he whooped for joy and took them home. So I have some white garments now :)

When we went to Senopati, we had so much fun, it was so cool to see everyone from the mtc that I've missed. Some of the other fun things we did were: eating cake, flipping Elder King's desk upside down, singing together, playing Settlers of Catan (someone had it! crazy right?), eating cookies from America, and giving everyone prolonged hugs. Haha it was so fun :)

Also, this week, we are seeing some cool miracles in the work too. One new investigator we have who is doing good is named Ibu L. She is amazing!! When we were teaching her we found out that she already knows some members because she is the catholik religion teacher at a member daughter's school. So they totally know each other! We are so excited to bring the member with us this week and teach Ibu L together. She is just full of questions and is always reading the stuff we ask her to. We are excited for her :)

This week I went on splits so much that it felt like I didn't even see my companion! We went on splits with the AP's one day, on splits with the DL in Tangerang one day, one day Elder Lovelock was feeling a bit sick so we went on splits so we could go to two areas, and another day I went down to Jakarta. So it was a busy week of learning new stuff and seeing how other missionaries work. Haha but one day when we went on splits, we taught this investigator we've had for a couple weeks, and to our surprise, three other people were at their house. They invited their Majelis (a majelis is kind of like a pendeta (pastor) but different) over so he could prove us wrong. He was pretty smart with his scriptures but we just stayed calm and bore some testimony to him, and shared some scriptures too. Bible bashing is not effective but some people just won't allow you to get away with not doing it. It's tough. But anyways the long story short we went to that investigators house the next day and they still wanted to learn, so it was no problem.

Well, that's about it for this week, we just worked hard, had fun, and tried to rely on the Savior and gave it our all. No regrets!

Love,

Elder Paskett

Picture from PLD last week





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.