Exceedingly gracious mother of mine,
I am feeling so much better :) Wasn't sick this last week at all! We gave our efforts this week, we worked, not perfectly, but with diligence. The work in Bogor is good, but wow Mom, I wish we could see more success, you know? One investigator was really progressing this last week--Ibu Y, to whom Elder Sinaga extended the baptismal invitation when I was sick the week before. One of her problems is that she smokes and drinks coffee. Also, it is difficult for her to find the money for transportation to church. We talked to her about the word of wisdom this last week, and in that lesson, she shared with us how she had prayed about the book of mormon and received an answer. She was willing to live the word of wisdom because she believes us that it is a commandment of God. It was such a good lesson--maybe the best I've ever had so far! Her simple faith was so inspiring to me. But then, on Sunday, she didn't come to church. I was heartbroken. There was a baptism on Sunday, Elder Honda and Sukarno baptized two women, a mom and her daughter, and we were so excited for Bu Y to come and feel that special spirit of the baptism. But she couldn't make it. I just really hope she will be able to find the faith, the extreme faith she'll need, to be able to come. She couldn't come because she was trying to find some money--trying to figure out a way to pay the rent on their home which was overdue. To come to church will, for her, take a lot of faith and sacrifice, but I believe in her. I just hope so bad that she can come. We prayed for her every day to be able to make it and to be able to overcome her addictions to smoking and coffee. If you guys could pray for Ibu Y, specifically that she will be given the faith to live the word of wisdom and come to church, I would be so grateful!
I am really excited for Christmas too! We do not have a p-day the Monday before, so don't worry when you don't get an email from me next Monday. We will be able to Skype :) Our plan right now is to begin skyping at around 9-10 in the morning on our Christmas. That would mean that it will be about 7-8 at night on Christmas Eve for you guys. If you could make a skype account before that time, that would be great! I will make one as well. Right before I skype you guys, I will call your phone, mom, and get your skype info so I can start the call. I'm so excited to see all ya'll :)
The six missionaries in Bogor sang at the baptism, and we sang "When I am Baptized"--the one that starts with "I like to look for rainbows...". It was so good. The Spirit was so strong in that room. It made Sister I cry (she's the sister who got baptized). I love music so much!! :)
I have been studying from Jesus the Christ this week and I am very touched by the way that Christ always loved others, but never ever backed down from the truth just because He was afraid they might be offended. He stood for truth. He was bold. I've really been thinking about how I want to become more bold like Him, and how I want to become a better teacher, just like Him too. I'm grateful for Him :) I've already had several people try to prove us false by claiming that Christ was not actually born on Christmas and that therefore our church cannot be true. It's true that He was not actually born on December 25th. But, we can still use that day, and should use all our days, to remember the gifts that He gave to us. I love you momma :) Dan keluarga terkasih-ku :) (And my beloved family)
PCPCPCPCPCPCPCPCPC ;)Ya I get it :)
Selalu Memilih Yang Benar!! (Always Choose the Right!)
Elder Paskett
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.